[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
BEDEMON - View topic - Where is the album at guys?!

Where is the album at guys?!

Discuss all things Bedemon.

Re:

Postby Mike » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Re: Where is the album at guys?!

Postby simon7 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:37 am

Finally, I heard the new album, it's really cool, it sounds just like in the '70s, pure doom, you did a great job, thanks for that, I heard what I wanted
Geof and Mike, if it's not a secret, what equipment was used for the guitar? I love this soft fuzzy tone, I'm surprised that solos sounds just like in the 79-86 session
I liked best Saviour, Hopeless, The Plague, Kill You Now)

I think, Mike, Geof and Craig, you could write more material and release more albums, why not?, of course I understand it is quite difficult, just a thought, all the same bedemon forever changed my views on music

Postby Geof » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Simon7 (and of course the patience!). The highest compliment we could receive — which we have been getting — is that it sounds like a 70s album. That was our intention musically and when engineer Shawn Hafley and myself were mixing and re-mixing the album, I would bring him in 70s classics like Sabbath, Stray Dog, Captain Beyond, Three Man Army, Mountain, Uriah Heep etc. etc. etc. and tell him to listen to the tones and vibe of the production. I highly recommend listening to the album through headphones or in a room with great separation, as Shawn and I added a lot of stereo left-to-right/right-to-left panning of vocals, guitars etc. Very 60s/70s psychedelic metal!

When we recorded the original backing tracks — rhythm guitar, bass & drums playing together, no over-dubbing! — on April 25 to 30th, 2002, all of Randy's rhythm tracks and his solo on D.E.D. were played on a Gibson Tony Iommi SG going into my Line 6 Spider II amp which itself was plugged directly into the ADAT recorder.

My rhythm tracks on "Saviour," Son of Darkness" and "Hopeless" and solos on "Saviour," "Lord of Desolation," "Son of Darkness," "The Plague" (2nd solo), "Kill You Now," "Godless" (1st and 2nd solos), "Hopeless" (all solos and harmony guitars) and "Eternally Unhuman" (1st and 3rd solos) were all performed on my vintage beat-up Gibson Melody Maker, the only guitar I've had going back to 1970 and the one I've written every song on since. I also was going through the Line 6 Spider II amp directly into the ADAT, with the exception of the solos and extra guitars on "Saviour" and "Hopeless," which were played through the same amp live in the room into a mic at Citizen Sound Studios years later when further work was done on those two tracks I solely wrote. I used a Cry Baby wah-wah pedal and no additional distortion devices.

Mike will have to fill you in on his bass gear and the guitar he used on "The Plague" (the haunting picked chords and 1st solo), "Godless" (l-o-n-g end solo) and "Eternally Unhuman" (middle solo and acoustic guitar section) as i can't recall!

Postby simon7 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:54 am

Thank you for such a detailed description, now I will be even more interesting to listen songs) my guess about post-processing was justified)
I was listening to my headphones and panning sounds really cool, it was really fashionable in the 70s as far as I've heard

I remembered the track "Deeper Than The Lash" from "2000 - Invocation to Doom", what is it? so fuzzy

and what do you do next? album released..

Postby rockcandi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:17 pm

The album is awesome!!! It is a great album..Listen to it LOUD!

Previous

Return to Bedemon