[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
BEDEMON - View topic - Just two questions

Just two questions

Discuss all things Bedemon.

Just two questions

Postby Philipp » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:05 am

Was Roky Erickson an influence?

What do the surviving members of Bedemon respectively Pentagram think of forming a new band/of creating new songs?
Tell me broken soldier, what shattered your dreams

Postby Geof » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:55 am

While not an influence on the band's style as a whole, Bobby was heavily into the 13th Floor Elevators. He was one of the few people I know who had all four albums, which were quite hard to obtain at the time, being on the small International Artists label out of Texas.

As far as new material or regrouping:

PENTAGRAM- Vincent is planning to come visit me this summer, at which time we expect to start possibly working on some material I've asked him to play on. Greg has expressed interest in flying out at some pre-determined point to record with us, and Craig Junghandel would be on vocals. We would record this under a name to be decided, although the location logistics would prevent this exact line-up from being a permanent thing.

As for the obvious question of Bobby, it is just too much of a gamble. Aside from the last two PENTAGRAM gig debacles in 2002 and 2005, we've heard plenty of inside reports of people who have dealt with him over the years. It's just not something we'd want to risk having happen once again. It's really too bad, as with the band at a high profile and this fall being the 35th anniversary of the formation, the time would be now to either do a proper studio album or some live gigs. But for all those who would urge us on to just bite the bullet and do it for old times' sake, simply look at the bloody trail of ex-members on the Pentagram highway. There's a reason there are so many fine and respected musicians have come and gone throught the Gates of Ram. Believe me, Greg and I have discussed the frustration of this as recently as within the past week; it is that much on our minds. Unfortunately, negative issues far outweigh the willingness to take that big a chance which could blow up in our faces and further damage the PENTAGRAM name even more than incidents like the Black Cat gig. Can you imagine Vincent, Greg and myself on stage, video cameras rolling and Bobby fails to appear, or does so in a condition unable to perform? We can, unfortunately. We wish the situation were different.

BEDEMON- It really depends on the reaction to the 2002 material. Ironically, Mike and I just discussed this within the past week as well! Been talking to a lot of bassists, haven't I? As was mentioned in a news item in the past, Randy recorded his guitar-only demos on cassette. After we got together in 2002, he wrote some new material which he was raving about. No one has ever heard these songs, or perhaps just pieces of songs, but I have the cassettes, generously given to me by Randy's fiancée Taryn. I haven't gotten to the point of being able to listen to them; We want to concentrate on getting the 2002 stuff finished. But, Mike and I have discussed that the possibility exists that we could record some new material, including songs based on Randy's demos. It's anybody's guess if Randy would want that and for his rough ideas to be molded by others who know what he liked, but we may pursue this at some point with Mike and I doing all the music and Craig providing the vocals as he will on the 2002 sessions. Personally, I think this would be an interesting idea and I do look forward to sitting down at the right time and listening to what is on the Randy demo tapes...

Postby Philipp » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:25 am

Thank you for the detailed reply.
It's vague but it sounds like good news.

And I'm sure the 2002 material will come as a bombshell (but - please - on vinyl :wink:).
Tell me broken soldier, what shattered your dreams

Postby Paulie » Mon May 01, 2006 2:31 pm

All the best, PAULIE

Postby Geof » Thu May 04, 2006 8:39 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. We still haven't even listened to the tapes, at this point beiong more concerned with working on the 2002 sessions. For all we know, there might not be complete songs, just various riffs. I'm sure it'll be both interesting...and emotional.

Return to Bedemon