[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
BEDEMON - View topic - Got it on Vinyl!

Got it on Vinyl!

Discuss all things Bedemon.

Got it on Vinyl!

Postby Skull » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:51 am

I prefer vinyl myself and was about to get a copy when one of my friends gave it to me for Christmas. I don't normally do this but I listened to it like three times in a row! I can't explain it. There is just so much raw energy and urgency in the recordings. The fact that it's so cavernous gives it an otherworldly feel and the fact that I've recorded songs on simple recording devices probably makes me appreciate the entombed sounds of 30 years ago. I guess I feel a strange kind of kinship with the music and the people who created it.

On a side note, I got the new Witchcraft album around the same time and although it's interesting, they basically sound like the bastard child of Bedemon, it will never have the 'authentic' Bedemon sound. The magic used to create those recordings are long gone. It was a moment in time that cannot be repeated.

I actually heard the Wormtongue bootleg about five years ago and from what I remember this is much superior by aeons. The packaging is amazing and the linear notes are sad but inspiring. Not to mention the music is absolutely crushing DOOM!

I have a very cool picture I want to send you, Geoff and Mike, let me know how to send it.

Postby Geof » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:35 am

Thanks for understanding the feeling that the music and spirit outweighed the concerns about the sound quality. This music was as genuinely from the heart as it could be...Randy wasn't writing to prove anything, except to express his inner dark side of demons and drugs, and the fact that this material was recorded at the time only for our own private enjoyment again reaffirms how pure the intent was. Randy's gone, but his tortured spirit lives on.

I'd think you should be able to send an attachment with the Private Message function, maybe by dragging it into the body of the e-mail. I haven't explored all the bells and whistles of this new revamped site yet! Mike has also posted comments here so you can message him as well.

We appreciate you enjoying this, cavernous sound and all!

Geof

Re: Got it on Vinyl!

Postby Philipp » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:04 am

Tell me broken soldier, what shattered your dreams

Re: Got it on Vinyl!

Postby Philipp » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:37 am

Tell me broken soldier, what shattered your dreams

Return to Bedemon