Fifteen Years

August 8, 2017

l to r: Randy, Geof and Mike during the 2002 sessions
photo by Taryn Dodd, with artistic background embellishments by Mike Matthews.

2017 marks fifteen years since Randy Palmer and Mike Matthews traveled across the country to gather here in my garage in San Miguel, CA and spend five days recording the instrumental backing tracks and most of the guitar solos for the first “real” album by BEDEMON.

Randy Palmer

Randy in 2002
photo by Geof O’Keefe

Three months after completing that part of the process, Randy died on August 8th, 2002 from injuries suffered a week earlier in a car crash, an innocent victim of a car full of teenagers running a red light and broadsiding the vehicle in which he was a passenger.

It took ten years of emotional recovery, money and fitting it into everyone’s schedule, but with the addition of Craig Junghandel on vocals — who never met or even spoke to Randy — and engineer Shawn Hafley, Symphony of Shadows was finally released in 2012 to pretty much unanimously positive reviews, calling it a, “great lost 70s album.” That was exactly what I was going for when I produced the album and Shawn patiently dealt with my constant fine-tuning to get it just right.

Randy was my best friend for thirty-one years. I think about him every day.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Katharina January 24, 2018 at 1:05 pm

It’s easier than Forex. It’s not sheer luck, though! $ 151 430 Paid to our traders yesterday. $ 153 935 Paid to our traders yesterday. Register now and get 10.000 virtual FUNDS in case of right forecast! This is FREE! подробнее здесь 0lij9.tk

tyronwic January 9, 2019 at 4:18 pm

My name is Eliot. And I am a professional Content writer with many years of experience in writing.

My interest is to solve problems related to writing. And I have been doing it for many years. I have been with several groups as a volunteer and have assisted people in many ways.
My love for writing has no end. It is like the air we breathe, something I cherish with all my being. I am a full-time writer who started at an early age.
I’m happy that I`ve already sold several copies of my works in different countries like USA, Russia and others too numerous to mention.
I also work in a company that provides assistance to many clients from different parts of the world. Students always come to me because I work no matter how hard their projects are. I help them to save money, because I feel happy when people come to me for writing help.

Ghost Writer – Eliot – Cocalerofilm Company

fortnite v bucks January 30, 2019 at 1:39 am

Hello Individutals, Function any specific For free V-Bucks some websites one has got that realistically present to you with V-Bucks unless you make spent their money

fortnite

eesawalt February 14, 2019 at 10:59 am

Hi guys, it’s Noah here!
I work as a professional an essay writer and have created this content with the intent of changing your life for the better. I started honing my writing talent in high school. I learned that my fellow students needed writing help—and they were willing to pay for it. The money was enough to help pay my tuition for my remaining semesters of college.
Ever since school, I have continued to work as a professional writer. I was hired by a writing service based in the United Kingdom. Since then, the dissertations that I have created have been sold around Europe and the United States.
In my line of work, I have become accustomed to hearing, “Noah Wilkinson, can you help me meet my writing assignment deadline?” I know that I can save their time.

Academic Writer – Noah Wilkinson – Myessaypartner Corps

veronika February 20, 2019 at 10:12 am

Hello everyone , I’m Veronika Eaton.
Welcome to my website . I started writing in high school after a creative writing assignment for my English teacher. I did creative writing for almost a year before I thought about doing something else.
I had always loved doing research assignments because I’m passionate about learning. When you combine writing ability with a love of learning, dissertation writing only makes sense as a job.
I’m passionate about aiding the students of the future in their school career. When they don’t have time for their paper , I am there to help.

Veronika Eaton – Academic Writing Help – Thesiswritingmanuals Confederation

victoriapatton March 14, 2019 at 11:38 am

Hey, my name is Victoria Patton!

I`m a professional writer and I`m going to change your lifes onсe and for all
Writing has been my passion since early years and now I can`t imagine my life without it.
Most of my works were sold throughout Canada, USA, Old England and even India. Also I`m working with services that help people to save their time.
People ask me “Please, Victoria, I need your professional help” and I always accept the request, `cause I know, that only I can save their time!

Professional Writer – Victoria – A2zcareers Corp