Sufferin' to be on new Pentagram album?

Discussion forum for legends of doom... Pentagram!

Sufferin' to be on new Pentagram album?

Postby Scott » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:21 am

Posted here: https://www.facebook.com/pentagramusa

It's been too quiet around here lately. Want the scoop? We've completed pre-production on the new album. Some song titles include Dead Bury Dead, Lay Down and Die, Curious Volume and Suffering. Unfortunately, we've had a few setbacks over the last couple of months that have delayed finishing earlier.
After two and half years of playing together, drummer, Sean Saley has decided to leave the band to pursue other interests. We wish Sean the best in everything he sets out to do.
We are set to start the actual recording in about 2 weeks and would like to introduce, Minnesota Pete Campbell to the family. Pete has performed in the studio and on the road with Victor Griffin throughout the last 10 years, so it was a natural transition for all of us. Once the album is complete we are set to hit the road in 2015, throughout the USA, Canada and Europe. See you soon!

Interesting times ahead.

Re: Sufferin' to be on new Pentagram album?

Postby Geof » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:00 am

When I spoke with Bobby at a PENTAGRAM gig in Feb. 2014, he said that the remaining two songs he and I co-wrote, "Sufferin'" and "Backlash" would both be on the new album. From what I hear, there was some resistance to include the songs, although "Sufferin'" apparently did get recorded but is unlikely to make it to the final track listing. Nothing I have any control over...

Postby Scott » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:08 pm

That's a shame. I know "Sufferin'" was also in contention to appear on Last Rites at one point.

See what happens, I guess. Thanks for the information, Geof.

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:04 am

It looks to have made the final track listing.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/doom-m ... in-august/

Return to Pentagram