[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
BEDEMON - View topic - Geof on new Pentagram album?

Geof on new Pentagram album?

Discussion forum for legends of doom... Pentagram!

Geof on new Pentagram album?

Postby Red » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:49 pm

Postby Geof » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:07 pm

Postby winoguy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:17 am

Postby EzraCobb » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:17 am

Hi Geof, Is it safe to say you will having nothing to do with the new pentagram album that has been rumered on various Myspace Pages (pentagram archives , and russ strahan the new guitarist)... Also - Geof the infamous bootlegger has resurfaced on Ebay.... I hate to beat a dead horse - but any chances of a First daze 3? If these boots are selling - why not release the material officially?

Postby Geof » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:05 am

The whole Pentagram reunion recording seems to be pretty much a dead corpse. Oh, sure...there's still an occasional twitch in a finger or eyelid, but...

Bobby has been working on some stuff with a whole new line-up to do some gigs and probably recordings will come after that. I would still like to offer some material I've been working on specifically written with the Pentagram sound in mind, but who knows if Bobby will be open to using it. I can't speak for Greg, but he hasn't been approached about anything definite in recent months.

I personally don't want to hear about the bootleg stuff. My opinion on that situation and that individual is well-known. Those who purchase these unauthorized releases screw the artists who created the work and reward outright theft and dishonesty.

Yes, First Daze III is still on the possibility burner, but Bobby's working with his new thing, I'm trying to get the Bedemon project finished, a label would need to be involved, songs would need to be chosen — and agreed upon between Bobby and myself through Pellet and so on.

You can hold your breath...but you might turn a deep shade of blue in the process. :shock:

Re: Geof on new Pentagram album?

Postby Scott » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:32 am

Bumping a dead topic (again, sorry) but on a similar note I read an interview with Bobby recently where he was asked about a reunion gig with you and Greg. He said he'd do it if he had his guitar player that he has now. I haven't heard the now current lineup performing so can't say how they sound for sure but it's interesting.

Unless that's Bobby's standard answer.

and yes, five years on, a First Daze III would be cool.

Re: Geof on new Pentagram album?

Postby Geof » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:37 am

The album referenced by this thread's original poster, Last Rites, was released in April 2011, close to four years ago. There had been talk of Greg and myself reuniting with Bobby which is discussed in the documentary Last Days Here, but ultimately Last Rites was recorded without Greg Mayne's or my involvement (nor was Joe Hasselvander involved either). One song Bobby and I co-wrote, "Everything's Turning To Night" appears on the album.

I've hung out with Bobby a number of times over the past five or so years when PENTAGRAM has played here in California and had a great time reminiscing, but he has a current line-up and drummer and they are east coast-based, so logistics among other issues make a reunion difficult. Having said that, I would love to be on stage someday playing songs I originally appeared on the original studio recordings of, which appear on the two First Daze Here releases, songs like like "Forever My Queen" and "When the Screams Come," not to mention songs I co-wrote such as "Wheel of Fortune" and "Last Days Here."

Return to Pentagram