[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
BEDEMON - View topic - Saw Pentagram Live Last Weekend!

Saw Pentagram Live Last Weekend!

Discussion forum for legends of doom... Pentagram!

Saw Pentagram Live Last Weekend!

Postby nightsblood » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Asheville, NC, Saturday, Sept 19, 2009
I made it to Asheville for the second night of the Planet Caravan festival. Only got to see three bands. The Gates of Slumber sounded killer live, and Orange Goblin actually were pretty entertaining too. I hadn't heard much of their stuff, but they played a good setlist, and the tunes are more enjoyable live than on disc. And then came Pentagram. They got started about 15 minutes late, partially due to some sound issues with a stage monitor that they finaly resolved. Then the band took the stage and sounded awesome! We all know their dubious live rep, but Bobby was in good shape; he's a good showman on stage and can still show 'em how to belt out the classics :) Rest of the band sounded good too, although the drums weren't miced very good so that the cymbals were too loud and the rest too soft. I made sure to get right up front dead-center as soon as OG left the stage and I never took a step back. For an hour and 15 minutes Pentagram rocked out. Setlist:
1- Wheel of Fortune
2- Forever My Queen
3- Review Your Choices
4- Walk in the Blue Light
5- Take No More (to be on their next album; Bobby said there's a possible June release date and the title is to be 'Last Rites'). I'd never heard this one before; definitely had the 70's-era Ram feel, good tune!
6- Petrified (played it monster-heavy and slow!)
7- All Your Sins
8- Earth Flight
9- Silence of the Swamp (a new number written by Bobby and current guitarist Russell)
10- 20 Buck SPin
Encore
11- Sign of the Wolf
12- When the Screams Come. For this number, they brought up a special guest on second guitar- Victor Griffin!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe I got to see Victor and Bobby perform together!!! Now THAT'S how you close out a show!

As folks probably already know, the band is now heading to Europe to tour for the fall. Bobby mentioned that a winter east coast tour is in the works and that they might be returning to Asheville in January. My ears finally quit ringing today and I think my neck is finally back to normal as well- been a while since I 'banged that much :)

Best concert/festival I've been to in ages. Hate that I didn't get to see some of the other bands, but I definitely got my money's worth

Postby thepentagramarchives » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:23 am

The ninth song on the set list should be "South Of The Swamp"

Return to Pentagram