[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
BEDEMON - View topic - Unidentified Song from 1973 Rehersal

Unidentified Song from 1973 Rehersal

Discussion forum for legends of doom... Pentagram!

Unidentified Song from 1973 Rehersal

Postby nightsblood » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi- I recently got a copy of a Pentagram rehersal that contains 1 song I don't recognize. The rehersal is labelled "the warehouse rehersal, arlington, usa, december 21, 1973, recorded on Bobby Liebling's 20th birthday". It contains 20 songs and runs about 72 minutes. The recording quality is comaprable to material on the Human Hurricane compilation.
The song I do not recognize is track 9. The first two lines, as best as I can tell, are as follows:
"the ?climax? is over,
everyone thought it was the end of the world"
Even if the song was later given different lyrics, I don't recognize the music either. If anyone could tell me the title of this song, I'd greatly appreciate it. For anyone curious, the full tracklist is given below. Thanks!

review your choices
livin in a rams head
earth flight
walk in the blue light
human hurricane
the diver
downhill slope
when the screams come
??
day of reckoning
20 buck spin
target
mad dog (this version has a cool jam session leading into the song)
buzzsaw
short jam session
ask no more
yes i do
out of luck
if the winds would change
short jam session

Postby Geof » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:17 am

The song in question is one of Bobby's called "Peak."

Sorry I haven't yet responded to your earlier questions. Excuses are as follows:

a. distracted by all the pretty holiday lights

b. I HATE talking about anything to do with the endless array of crappy, mis-labelled bootlegs and the ongoing confusion they have caused by names being incorrectly applied to collections of rehearsal and demo material and then sold as such. Nonetheless, it's time to strraighten out some things about Wicked Angel, Macabre and Stone Bunny and I will...but not right now. See excuses a. and c.

c. I am actually, really, not lying, as we speak—well, actually I'm typing and you're reading this later, but you get the point—working on the new Bedemon News 2008 Update...with a few photos.

So, hang in there or at least keep the noose in place. BEDEMON is still alive and kicking at the coffin lid and eventually someone will hear us...

Postby nightsblood » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:42 am

Thanks for the song title, I greatly appreciate it! I haven't heard that tune before and it's pretty good!
No worries about not getting to my other questions; I understand that mislabelled bootlegs are a source of irritation for you, and I hope that you don't mind that I posted questions about them in this forum. Straightening out such messes is annoying and time consuming at best.
Good luck with the Bedemon update, I'm sure it'll be cool!

Postby Paul » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:04 pm

BTW, this recording is also being sold as "The Lost Rehearsal" :roll:

My copy also has "The Diver" seguing into "To Hell With You" (very cool song that I haven't heard any other versions of). Speaking of song titles, does that "short jam session" at the end have a name, Geof?

Glad to hear that there'll be a Bedemon update, too!

Postby Geof » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:32 am

Sorry, I have no idea what "short jam session" is...

"To Hell With You" was the only song written by bassist Greg Mayne, other than his co-write with Bobby on "Earth Flight." It flowed well, coming out of "The Diver."

Postby Paul » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:22 pm

Oh ok, I wasn't sure how familiar you were with this particular CD (and I can't really quote any lyrics from this...).

Postby nightsblood » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:22 am

Paul- interesting, thanks for the info. To be honest I haven't even had a chance to play my copy of the demo all the way through (I just got it right before xmas and I've been too busy w/ work and holiday stuff to sit down and listen to it), so I'm not sure if my copy also has the diver-to hell w/ you segue or not. I got my copy from a tape trader (he is not bootlegging it or using 'the lost tapes' designation that you mentioned) but he didn't have a tracklist for it, so I just skipped through the tracks so I could write down the song titles. I'll check tonight to see whether 'to hell with you' is included or not; I've never heard that track, so it'll be interesting to see if it's included.
Just to clarify, the "short jam sessions" I listed in the tracklist seemed to be just that; short instrumental pieces. I don't know if they were meant to be bonafide instrumentals or were just some jamming for fun. Again, I hven't listened to the recording fully, so maybe one or both of these 'jams' also led into another song (as on 'mad dog').

Postby vaquerodiablo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:09 pm

Return to Pentagram