[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
BEDEMON - View topic - Pentagram buyer's guide

Pentagram buyer's guide

Discussion forum for legends of doom... Pentagram!

Pentagram buyer's guide

Postby Paul » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:41 am

Postby Geof » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:09 am

Postby samnu » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:52 am

Postby Paul » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:22 am

Postby Geof » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:33 pm

Postby Red » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:28 pm

Postby vaquerodiablo » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:52 am

Postby Philipp » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:17 am

I fukking wait for the new Bedemon like I waited for the Child of Darkness (you know, Black Widow had an add long before it was out).
But concerning First Daze Here Three - ...

I somehow disagree... Part 1 was important, part 2 ok-good but nothing special.
If I was rich I'd give you the money not for First Daze Here 3 but for re-recording the stuff (not "Teaser", I don't like that^^) in a studio with proper, ass-kicking production...

I mean: Mr. Liebling does this with Pentagram and he does it brilliantly.
The Daze shows: there are songs that just deserve to be (better) produced.

BTW, from Pentagram's three official "vintage" releases (Human Hurricane, First Daze Here, First Daze Here Too; I leave out A Keg... cos it's live) my fave is Human Hurricane. The sound is really raw - but honest.
I just have the impression that some of the material on "Daze" sounds less "honest", production-wise - could I be right? Could I be wrong?
Maybe the same with Child... but I "ignore" that.
Tell me broken soldier, what shattered your dreams

Postby vaquerodiablo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:20 am

Postby Geof » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:56 pm

Postby Philipp » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:11 am

Postby Skull » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:59 pm

Postby Philipp » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:31 am

I like a lot of stuff. I don't find it embarassing but the most unusual stuff might be Shakira :D (but not the radio tracks. older, spanish ones. one of it reminds a bit AC/DC^^) and good Hip Hop like Ol' Dirty Bastard.
:shock:
I'm also into any kinds of electronic music (non-mainstream).

Back to Rock/Metal: soft Rock is too soft for me. The best bands are those bands that wanted to explore and break through limits... like Blue Cheer in the 60ies, Sab/Pentagram in the 70ies, Slayer and many more in the 80ies, Cryptopsy in the 90ies and ... maybe System Of A Down in the 2000's. But SOAD is not Metal, I call this music "Hard Pop". But I like them. Just with all the "unusual" stuff, I like it sometimes while I can always listen to Metal.

Postby winoguy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:40 pm

Geof, do you have any idea of how FDH2 sold in comparison to part 1? I was very happy with vol 2 and really hope that more discs can be released in the future. Sound quality really isn't an issue with me, since you know that going into it, that it won't be top notch. Just the fact that there are more Pentagram songs out there that I haven't heard, even though I own many bootlegs, demos, rehersals etc.

Postby Paul » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Updated, and re-posted on The Obelisk forum:

http://theobelisk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3410

Return to Pentagram