[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
BEDEMON - View topic - Vincent McAllister r.i.p.

Vincent McAllister r.i.p.

Discussion forum for legends of doom... Pentagram!

Vincent McAllister r.i.p.

Postby Geof » Wed May 31, 2006 10:03 pm

I wanted to have a place where people can express their thoughts about the tragic loss of Vincent. Without his guitar magic, Pentagram would never have gotten as far as it did even back in the 70s. Although he didn't contribute material, his playing and guitar ideas were the musical magic to compliment Bobby's incredible songs and compelling stage presence. The best was yet to come, and yet it was not to be. He will be so missed by so many...

Perry Falcon

Vincent McAllister, Guitar God

Postby Perry Falcon » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:25 am

R.I.P. Vincent! A HUGE guitar hero of mine, and a downright nice guy to boot. I spoke with Vincent several times on the phone. A lot of the source quotes for the METAL MANIACS feature I'm finishing up on Pentagram right now are sourced from the interview I did with him in fall 2004. Very sad news indeed. My condolences to Geof, Greg, Cameron, Bobby & co. Vincent will be sorely missed.

Too many awesome musicians passing away way too early. Sigh. Pete Wells from Buffalo and Rose Tattoo a couple of months ago too.

Show 'em how, Vincent, SHOW 'EM HOW!

Postby Mold » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:40 am

Oh god...

I was so excited at the idea of having Geof, Greg and Vincent (and maybe even Bobby) recording some new music.
Sadly, this news puts an end to these dreams and fantasies.

But his music and his inspired guitar playing will remain forever!
Luckily, thanks to the efforts of Geof and the other people involved with the recent releases of vintage Pentagram material, we had the chance to discover and listen his fantastic guitar sound at its peak. Vincent you really SHOWED US HOW!

Rest In Peace Vincent, and RUN YOUR COURSE!
Last edited by Mold on Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Red » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:39 pm

God, I can't believe one of my all-time guitar heros is gone...

Although I never knew or met Vincent, I am still saddened by the fact that one of the most direct influences on my guitar playing will be gone forever. Yesterday, on my way back from work, I was listening to the second guitar solo in "20 Buck Spin". Hearing his wild bends and lightning-fast phrasing, I couldn't help but think, "THIS is the kind stuff I want to do with my axe".

Vincent's playing on the Pentagram recordings is unrestrained, piercing, passionate, and utterly unqiue in a pool filled with lame Hendrix imitators and boring 12-bar-bluers wankers. There will never be another Vincent McAllister, but with Relapse's "First Daze Here" series, and the ever-growing exposure of the original Pentagram, his influence will live on.

Rest in Peace, Guitar Hero...

Postby Paul » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:47 pm

I couldn't believe the news I read this morning. I guess like most, I had no idea Vincent was ill, so it was a real shock. Very very sad news. I've been listening to Pentagram for over ten years now, and the more of the 70s recordings I came across, the more of a fan I became...simply phenomenal guitar work on those warehouse recordings (not to mention the demos/7-inches).

I'm curious (being Canadian), whereabouts in Canada was Vincent living/planning to live?

R.I.P

rest easy

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:35 pm

Thanks for the great riffage, R.I.P. brother.

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:55 pm

Greg Mayne

A sad day

Postby Greg Mayne » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:16 pm

Postby Paul » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:42 am

razorhoof76

Vincent's passing

Postby razorhoof76 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:01 pm

Postby Philipp » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:08 am

Postby Skull » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:34 pm

Just realized I should have put my Vincent remembrance here. Sorry. Here's the link to the post I made in the Bedemon forum:

http://bedemon.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=27

Postby Geof » Sun May 27, 2007 11:24 pm

Return to Pentagram