[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
BEDEMON - View topic - Bootleg/already-existing material?

Bootleg/already-existing material?

Discuss all things Bedemon.

Bootleg/already-existing material?

Postby Paulie » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:01 pm

All the best, PAULIE

Postby Red » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:51 pm

It's from the same asshole. He changes his covers and vinyl colors every so often, I guess to keep the people insane enough to support him coming back. If it's being sold by eBay ID "theshadesofdarkness", it's being sold by Marshall. Bottom line is, don't take anything less than the official release, which has this cover () and is either on black or red vinyl...

Postby Paulie » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:01 pm

Yup, that's the douche!
All the best, PAULIE

Postby Geof » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:41 am

The Shades of Darkness was Bobby Liebling's band before Pentagram. This individual is almost stalker-esque in his relentless use of nicknames based on things relating to Pentagram and Bedemon. His all-time low was "tsohgsydnar," which is "Randy's Ghost" spelled backwards. This is neither clever nor a tribute; it's psychotic behavior bordering on the totally obsessive.

Postby Mike » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:24 pm

I just love the fact that there is now an official release of Randy's incredible songs available that sounds as good as it can considering when it was recorded and on what equipment. We no longer have to buy someone's questionable bootlegs of Bedemon in order to enjoy Randy's genius... Not to mention the fact that there are 9 more Bedemon originals that NOBODY has heard yet (except me, Geof and Craig..) that will be coming out soon and were actually recorded on decent equipment. Believe me when I tell you that Randy's songwriting is as amazing on these as it was back in the 70's.....and Geof's originals will blow you away as well. I can't wait for Bedemon 2002 to be completed. It will be a major event in the doom world and I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to make a small contribution to it.

Postby Geof » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:56 pm

Oh please..."small contribution"? You played bass, added some cool guitar solos, contributed a very atmospheric, creepy song ("The Plague"), hauled your recording gear from Arizona to California, set it up and worked the knobs during the recording session. Hardly a small contribution...

But you're right that doom fans will be into Randy's new stuff. He hadn't written ANYthing in like twenty-five years, and suddenly he's inspired by the possibility of doing some new recordings and comes up with these incredible songs, heavier, longer and doomier than any of his past material, and yes, the best thing is it will be new to everyone.

Postby Ramster » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:04 pm

Glad to see the forum is now up and running.

I am anxiously awaiting my vinyl copy of the Bedemon album from Italy...

Postby Damocles74 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:38 pm

What happened with the 'Stone Bunny' recordings and this guy Marshall, (something to do with swedish band 'Witchcraft'?).

To the Witchcraft / Stone Bunny related question:
I wrote to Bobby, and he explained me all this (most of it is about "Please Don't Forget Me, the song though)

Message 1;
There was only one recording ever made of 'Please Don't Forget Me'. I did write it, when I was 16. It's a 2 minute song and the only version ever recorded has Geof o Keefe and John Jennings on guitars, Vince Mccallister on bass, and Steve Martin on drums, and it's on reel-to-reel tape (which by the way, the reel runs out before the last 5 seconds of the song), but it's the actual original 5 man lineup of Pentagram. I was always proud of that song so the credits thing kind of hurt my feelings. It was truly Wishbone Ash meets early Jethro Tull.

Thanks for your interest,

Bobby

Message 2:
Hi again, to get around to Witchcraft it obviously got sold through the notorious bootlegger Marshall Levy who is really going to have his ass in a big sling sooner or later with all the people looking into him internationally for technical reasons of violation of copyrights. Marshall was given a copy on cassette by me personally somewhere along the line for his own enjoyment, and like approximately 60-100 other products he has stolen and marketed, it made its way onto ebay. Believe me, what goes around comes around!

Thanks again,

Bobby

Did Witchcraft steal this track, (unknowingly), from Bobby Liebling??

Do you remember recording this track Geoff?
/Step down lower..into the grave/

Postby Geof » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:45 pm

I don't know if Witchcraft takes credit for this track, but it is a Pentagram song written by Bobby during the line-up #2 era, which was Bobby, John Jennings and myself on guitars, Vincent on bass and Steve Martin on drums. I made one recording of it at the warehouse and the tape ran out during the last few seconds. It has, of course, turned up on numerous unauthorized recordings over the years, mislabeled under names other than Pentagram, but it 100% absolutely a Pentagram song and Liebling composition.

Return to Bedemon