BEDEMON - CHILD OF DARKNESS TO BE REISSUED ON CD AND VINYL

Discuss all things Bedemon.

BEDEMON - CHILD OF DARKNESS TO BE REISSUED ON CD AND VINYL

Postby Geof » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:59 am

RELAPSE RECORDS, home of PENTAGRAM's First Daze Here and First Daze Here Too releases will be reissuing the long out-of-print Child of Darkness album on Feb. 24th 2015 in both CD and vinyl formats, and a t-shirt is also available. See the News page soon or check out the band's Facebook page for more details .

Re: BEDEMON - CHILD OF DARKNESS TO BE REISSUED ON CD AND VIN

Postby Red » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:54 pm

Sweet! Will it be at all different from the Black Widow CD I got back in the day? Either way I GOTTA get that shirt...

P.S. (off topic a bit, sorry) -- Any chance we'll see any more 70s Pentagram come to light? I think the official Pentagram Facebook said there would be some kind of FDH reissue this year from Relapse. I know you're sitting on some kick-ass rehearsal tapes and it would be great if we got to hear more of 'em...

Re: BEDEMON - CHILD OF DARKNESS TO BE REISSUED ON CD AND VIN

Postby Geof » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:55 am

The BEDEMON Child of Darkness reissue — available now in CD and different colored vinyl formats — is musically the same. Despite plans for Relapse's mastering department to attempt to improve the sound, in the end unfortunately they said there was nothing they could do. What is different is that I have updated many of the sections in the booklet to reflect things the have happened since the original 2005 release. There are 32 pages vs. the original 28, and the art on the CD, back cover etc, are different. There is also one additional photo of Randy that was not in the previous versions on Black Widow and Vessel.

As for PENTAGRAM, Relapse will be reissuing the two First Daze Here releases. Both will have updated liner notes — quite extensive in the case of the first one, now including track-by-track commentary and many other expanded sections — and additionally, there will be some corrections of previous errors and a few different versions of some of the tracks on First Daze Here. First Daze Here Too will have the same musical content.

As for future releases of other rehearsals, live shows etc. that's always in discussion but it's a matter of everyone involved finding the time. The current line-up of PENTAGRAM is currently in the studio finishing a new album for summer release.

Return to Bedemon